Saturday, January 8, 2011

The end of the first week...

Well, it's been quite a week!  When I started this week, I thought I was crazy weighing myself at night to give me a starting point. Well, I guess it's wasn't as bad as I thought...  Before we get to that, let me tell you about my day...

Did my usual morning routine while my son-in-law's dog is here.  I let her out back and took my greyhound for a mile walk at 7:45 this morning.  I would like to keep this walking routine up, but it's too dark at 6:00 in the morning to go out during the week.  It is a refreshing way to start the day, though! 

This afternoon I went to see "Country Strong" with my sister and Mom.  Let me tell you, that movie was great! If the critics say is wasn't that good, give it a chance, it might just surprise you... I enjoyed it so much that I bought the soundtrack this afternoon!

Well, after dinner tonight I took the plunge and pulled out the scale.  I could not believe what it said!  I had to get back on it to see if I was doing something wrong...  I LOST 6, yep, 6 pounds this week!!  That was weighing after eating dinner!  I couldn't believe it!!  I know that next week won't be as well since I think some of this week's loss was due to not drinking sodas.  Wait, I had a soda this morning...  Hummm, don't worry, I am not going to start drinking sodas now.  What was funny, the soda wasn't all that great, kinda syrupy.  Maybe I have actually got my mind set in the right direction by convincing myself of what I need to do to lose this weight. FINALLY!!!  Let's see how well I do next week... If I can lose 2 pounds next week, I will be happy with that, but I would really like to lose more...  We'll see!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Weigh to go!! Congrats with the 6-pound loss!!! Are you sure you weren't missing a tennis shoe? Just joking....sounds like your plans are working...keep it up!! Maybe we will both be ready for the condo this summer!

    ReplyDelete