Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Restless Night

I started this earlier, but hit a wrong button and lost it all.  So... I am trying this again...

Last night I had my sleep study done.  I got there at 9:30 pm and was all hooked up with the goop in my hair and wires running in every direction by about 10:15, Luckily there was not a mirror in the room or I would have burst out laughing!!  My friend, whom I shall keep nameless, for her sake, had advised me that there would be a lot of goop in my hair and let me tell you... She was not kidding!!  She also said I would be out earlier than what was stated on the paperwork.  Once again... correctomundo!  I don't know what time they got me up, but I was home by 6:10 this morning!

By 7:00 a.m. I had showered to get the goop out of my hair, started the laundry, and was starting to put my dinner together to go into the crock pot.  My sister had given me a recipe for "Rotisserie" chicken a few years back and I decided that was what I wanted this weekend.  I guess I will fix broccoli and a sweet potato to go with it.  I may even try roasted cauliflower.  Sounds yummy to me!!  I need to explore more veggies outside of the realm of broccoli, green beans, corn, and potatoes.

I did weigh this morning and the results were that I lost 1/2 pound.  That may not be much, but at least it is a loss.  After reviewing my food journal, I know the biggest thing I need to cut out is the mindless eating of the M&Ms.  Even though I am measuring them out, I don't have to have them every afternoon at work.  I had bought a bag right after Christmas and have been measuring out the 1/4 cup serving daily for my afternoon snack at work.  Instead, when I go to the store tomorrow, I am going to buy some Extra Sugar Free gum.  I found that it also helps to curb that afternoon munchy time and at only 5 calories a piece, I can afford that!  (Dang, I sound like a commercial!)

I am tired from a restless night's sleep, but am fighting going to take a nap.  If I nap, I won't sleep tonight and will be extra cranky tomorrow.  I figure it is better for me to be tired now than to be cranky tomorrow.  So...

I did so-so with the recording of my food intake on the Lose It! site.  It seemed like I would get on there every other day to record my food intake.  However, when I did record it, I noticed that I was going over my daily recommended calories on all but one day.  That one day I did the Wii BL workout as well as walk the dogs and 2 other walks at work and it brought me in under me daily caloric intake.  So, as I already know, if I get up off my keister, I can lose this weight...

My goal for next week is to have lost 2 pounds and to have recorded more on the FREE Lose It! site.

No comments:

Post a Comment